2ちゃんねる スマホ用 ■掲示板に戻る■ 全部 1- 最新50    

■ このスレッドは過去ログ倉庫に格納されています

American here. Ask me anything.

1 :Isaac :2018/04/14(土) 03:59:55.37 ID:bhMVmYh50.net
Hey, I am Isaac from the United States. I have used 4chan for many years. I just started to learn Japanese, so I decided to check out 5ch. I have only studied Japanese for 1 month so far, so I don't understand it yet.

Feel free to ask me for help with English, questions about America (culture, politics, etc.), or anything else you want. I will answer almost ANY question.

I will only reply in English.

2 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 09:59:31.42 ID:iRIUDpubr.net
hi,Isaac.
which sports most popular in the U.S.,
americanfootball,MLB,NBA,NHL.UFC?

3 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 10:02:15.52 ID:iRIUDpubr.net
Almost all american know MLB player Ohtani?

4 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 10:22:56.92 ID:m9imXgmha.net
>>1
Get out from here!

5 :Isaac :2018/04/14(土) 10:38:13.21 ID:bhMVmYh50.net
Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball. Baseball is 3rd, but much less popular than the first two.

So many Americans love watching professional and collegiate basketball & football.

However, in small cities without famous basketball or football teams, the local semi-pro baseball team is quite popular as well.

Not all Americans care about professional sports, though. I don't watch any sports (other than the Olympics), and I don't know much about any famous sports players.

I don't know who Ohtani is, but after Googling him it seems that he is currently quite popular in America.

I remember seeing a post on the front page of reddit about him a few days ago.

>>4

Lol. Why? This is a board for people learning English.

If Japanese people came to the forum I use for Japanese-learners I would be happy to have them there.

Also, your sentence is improperly worded. It should be "Get out of here!"

6 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 10:39:03.07 ID:cXnGhkfS0.net
>>4
Shut your filthy mouth.

7 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 12:02:00.89 ID:TskLj0erx.net
>>1
Hi,Issac.have you ever been to japan?

8 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 14:40:29.59 ID:ZKNc9w+k0.net
>>5
Tell me the forum you use for Japanese learners.

And I'd like to ask what attitude will be regarded as offensive or rude in your culture.
I know contradicting others' opinions could be very offensive unlike here in Japan.
Tell me what I should bear in mind when talking with Americans in anonymous forum not to offend them.

Also I would be very happy if you could spot some grammatical mistakes in this post.

9 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 15:44:37.79 ID:7KeksTYk0.net
Do you have big dick?

10 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 18:44:09.59 ID:IDog9Oau0.net
>>1

Did you invent the law of gravity by any chance?

In either case, the following thread could be your playground, too.
https://lavender.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1523616417/l50

11 :Isaac :2018/04/14(土) 19:23:12.26 ID:bhMVmYh50.net
>>7

Nope. I hope to go sometime in the next few years.

>>8

The Japanese-learning forum I use is reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/

I don't use it very much, though. I am more active on a private Discord group.

Americans are very blunt, especially online. Feel free to contradict others' opinions as much as you want.
Some people might get offended by something you say, but that's just part of using the internet. I offend people online all the time.
If you really want to avoid offending an American, just avoid talking about race (black, white, asian, etc.), religion, and politics. Everything else is pretty safe.

I have been to China and Taiwan, for example. In both of those countries people are much more reluctant to argue about politics, religion, and such with people.
In America, I think it's much more normal.

Your written English is pretty good. I'll re-write your comment, correcting for grammatical mistakes and making it sound more natural:

"What forum do you use for Japanese learners?
And I'd like to ask, what attitude is regarded as offensive or rude in your culture?
I know contradicting others' opinions could be very offensive, unlike here in Japan.
I'd like to know what I should bear in mind when talking with Americans in anonymous forum not to offend them.
Also, I would be very happy if you could spot some grammatical mistakes in this post."

"Tell me" sounds commanding and unnatural in this context. It's usually used when someone is withholding information from you, or when you are interrogating them.

>>9
No, it's quite average.
>>10
No

12 :Isaac :2018/04/14(土) 19:28:39.85 ID:bhMVmYh50.net
Forgot to correct this...

"...in anonymous forum not to offend them."

should be...

"...in anonymous forums to not offend them."

13 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 21:05:36.11 ID:ej/rRegra.net
Some American say SiCKO is not true, and some say it is. What do you think?
Ever watched?

You can correct me as much as you like, too.

14 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 21:20:12.37 ID:ej/rRegra.net
Sometimes it’s a bit too hard to not mention race in America as a tourist. Because it’s obvious.
On an airplane from Sanfrancisco to NY, there are no colored people except me.
Either at the MET and at the orchestra seats at MET in NYC, I didn’t see any Black people.
I can’t help but wonder why?

15 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 21:32:42.00 ID:tj/9AD4d0.net
Thk isaac for answering my inquiries.
by the way, are you nerd?

Do you know Hiroyuki Nishimura who had set up 2channel,now administer 4chan.
Is he famous in the U.S.?

16 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/14(土) 21:34:57.68 ID:TaKupH9v0.net
>>5
Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball.

The above sentence is grammatically incorrect and awkward, so
I corrected it as follows: Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US.

17 :Isaac :2018/04/14(土) 23:46:45.05 ID:bhMVmYh50.net
>>13

Michael Moore is not taken very seriously by most Americans. People here recognize his films as one-sided political propaganda.
However, many agree with Moore that we need single-player healthcare. That movie in particular is going to be very misleading for a foreigner that has never lived in the United States.
It gives the impression that people that can't afford healthcare don't get healthcare. That's not the case at all.
Our government actually spends more per-capita on healthcare than any country in the world. It's not hard to get free healthcare here if you are too poor to afford it.
I think our healthcare could become a lot cheaper if we allowed for more competition in the sector. The current laws in the States make it so hospitals and health insurance companies basically have monopolies in the areas that they operate.
When you have a monopoly, you can charge as much as you want since you have no competition. This is why going to a hospital without insurance is so expensive.

>>14

Keep in mind, black people only makeup 13% of the US population. Also keep in mind that they are, on average, much poorer than whites. Also, their culture is entirely different. They don't go to museums or opera often because it doesn't interest them.

>>15

Idk if I'm a nerd. Yeah, I know him because I use 4chan. He's not famous in the US though. Only a small fraction of the US actually uses 4chan.

>>16

Conversational English has different standards and norms than formal English (such as you would find in essays, english-learning textbooks, etc).
My sentence contained an implied "the" at the beginning of the sentence, which you would only find in conversational or colloquial English: (The) Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball.

That sentence isn't grammatically incorrect or awkward. Maybe you're just trolling.

18 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 01:28:34.74 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>17
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180414152753AAkJk8W

19 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 01:30:52.01 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>17
Which is better, A or B below?

A. Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US.
B. Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball.

20 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 01:35:27.68 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
All of the contestants said A was better than B.

21 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 01:53:06.31 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>19

Hah, you don't understand what I'm saying.

The way I said it was conversational, and wouldn't be found in an article or formal setting. It would be found in a chatroom, instant-message, forum, or real-life conversation.

Saying things in a conversational way does not make them incorrect and warranting of correction. Surely you have instances of this in Japanese? Or does all Japanese look like textbook Japanese?

When you are reading manga do you contact the author and tell them that the characters in the dialogue are making mistakes because they are not talking the same way they would be if they were writing a paper. Of course not.

Welcome to the real world. Textbook English is a small portion of the English you will actually encounter in real life.

There's nothing strange or awkward about person 2's response in the following example dialogue taking place on a forum, chatroom, or IRL:

Person 1: "What are the best restaurants in your city?"
Person 2: "Best restaurants here are definitely Restaurant X and Restaurant Y."

Furthermore, there are tons of correct ways to say the same thing in English.

You're a waste of energy or simply trolling if you don't understand what I'm saying at this point.

22 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 02:24:44.18 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>21
Threre is no one who supports your opinions,
You alone think your opinions are correct. In other words, that is the way of self-rightenous.
However, three persons said my sentence was better than yours.
You should know the opinions no one supports are quite worthless.

23 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 02:43:23.88 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>22

You asked them which sentence was "better," not if my sentence sounded awkward or incorrect in its context.

I never claimed my sentence was better than any other sentence. I said it was free of awkwardness and error in its context.

Feel free to show another native speaker this thread. The Dunning–Kruger effect is definitely on display here.

24 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 02:52:28.48 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>23
You alone think so. In other words, that is the way of self-rightenous.
Tell me where a few persons who agree with you are except 5 channel.
I f you cannot, what you said is not worth an old song.

25 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 03:06:58.49 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>24

If you actually understood what I am saying in response to you, you wouldn't be saying the things you are saying. Your English reading comprehension is too low, and my Japanese ability is too low to explain it in Japanese, so we are at an impasse.
And at this point you're just getting emotional and slinging insults.

I would encourage you to link this thread to another native English speaker.
If they read what I am saying, they will agree with me.

26 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 03:20:29.36 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>25
Tell me where a few persons who agree with you are except 5 channel.
I have already told you:

A. Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US.
B. Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball.

All the contestants said A was better than B.

27 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 03:25:39.52 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>26

I would have said "A" as well if I replied to that yahoo answers thread.

You simply do not understand what I'm saying if you think I disagree with that. Please re-read my comment >>23

That's why I am telling you to share this thread with a native speaker. They will say I am correct.

You simply do not understand what I am saying. Your English ability is too low, or your pride is too high.

28 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 03:34:13.03 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
I didn't mention this earlier, but your sentence would be incorrect in this context. If you said that sentence in reply to the user I responded to, you would sound like a foreigner.

"Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US." is saying that basketball and football are AMONG the most popular sports, but not necessarily the post popular.
What I was conveying in my sentence was that football and basketball are specifically the most popular sports, not just among the most popular sports. There is a big difference.

29 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 03:36:52.46 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>27
You should ask contestants at the yahoo answers thread whether your opinions are correct or not.
If you do so and contetants support you, I will agree with you.
Ask them right now.

30 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 03:38:25.95 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>28

If you wanted to change your sentence to be more accurate to what I was conveying, you could change it to:

"Football and Basketball are definitely the two most popular sports in the US."

Now it's specific. Do you see how important context is when determining which sentence is better?

31 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 03:38:31.21 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>28
Sorry,
You should ask contestants at the yahoo answers thread whether your opinions are correct or not.
Ask them right now.

32 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 03:39:26.60 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>30
Ask them right now.

33 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 03:40:51.67 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>31

I don't need to ask Yahoo answers if my English is correct.

The burden of proof is on the person trying to correct the native speaker, not the native speaker.

You are shifting the burden to me because you are scared to find out you've been in error for this entire thread.

34 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 03:54:48.25 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>33
The reason you do not try to ask contestants at the yahoo answers thread is
because you do not have the confidence to get their support.
You are a timid mouse.

35 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 04:04:12.19 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>34

Haha, such arrogance coming from someone who doesn't even have the reading comprehension to understand my arguments.

Imagine if I went to Japan and started correcting peoples' Japanese. Imagine that someone disagreed with my correction, and then I demanded they ask Yahoo answers or else they are admitting defeat.
They would laugh at me, and rightfully so.

I've been very patient with you, trying to explain it to you over and over again. But at this point all I can say is you need to save this thread.
Next time you talk to a native English speaker online, show them this thread. They will laugh at you and they will say I'm correct.

This level of arrogance will hurt your ability to master English.

36 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 04:26:25.81 ID:4uQ9V42Ba.net
Which city are you from

37 :Isaac :2018/04/15(日) 08:48:42.55 ID:ms7KwDwB0.net
>>36

I'm from Memphis, Tennessee.

I'm sorry guys, but I wont be answering any more questions at this time. I need to spend more time studying Japanese and less time speaking English.
When I posted this thread I expected it to last a few hours. I didn't expect the questions to keep coming in for multiple days, haha.

Cya everyone, and no hard feelings @/aQ5nzcg0. Your written English is quite good, keep it up.

And if anyone is interested in interacting with more Americans or becoming more familiar with internet English I would definitely recommend checking out reddit.com.
You've probably heard of it, it's the most popular discussion website in America/Canada/UK.

38 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 10:49:00.69 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
Isaac is only a timid mouse, who do not have the confidence to verify what he said
by asking contestants at the yahoo answers thread whether his sentence is superior to mine or not.
His opinions are not worth an old song.

39 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 11:01:35.96 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net

A. Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US. (my sentence)
B. Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball. ( Isaac's)

All the contestants except the idiot said A was better than B.

40 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 17:38:29.56 ID:M/NOrTSV0.net
>>11
I apologize for late reply.
Thank you very much for correcting my sentences.
Also, thank you for telling me how to avoid being offensive.

Unfortunately, there are a few people constantly annoying foreigners coming here.
Most foreigners had left here one by one dogged by such people.
Maybe, this is because those people do not tend to use applications to filter comments.
Frankly, this site becomes difficult to use without such applications because of full of such kind of comments...

41 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 17:44:16.69 ID:HIPexZut0.net
>>16
You should look up conversational deletion; in informal spoken and written English articles, auxiliary verbs, pronouns, and a few other things can get deleted from the front of sentences.

42 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 17:52:42.19 ID:M/NOrTSV0.net
>>39
You still don't seem to understand what he said.
He clearly explained the grammatical rationals and also kindly make it clear that it is a reply to other's post.

Frankly speaking, every intermediate level learners can understand what he says with ease.

43 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 18:09:50.92 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>42
You alone think so. In other words, that is the way of self-rightenous.
Tell me where some persons who agree with you are except 5 channel.
I f you cannot, what you said is not worth an old song.

44 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 18:11:01.04 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>42
Ask them right now.

45 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 18:15:09.16 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>42

A. Football and Basketball are definitely two of the most popular sports in the US. (my sentence)
B. Most popular sports in the States are definitely Football and Basketball. ( Isaac's)

46 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 18:25:08.23 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>42
If you don't accept my advice, the reason is that you do not have the confidence to get their support.

47 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 19:16:01.10 ID:M/NOrTSV0.net
I have built-in NG filters, thus you're invisible.

48 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/15(日) 19:36:40.61 ID:/aQ5nzcg0.net
>>47
This is the most stupid person I have ever seen.

49 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/16(月) 12:51:27.05 ID:lBeprHOE0.net
>>11
I've visited the site but it seems difficult for me to participate.
You've said contradicting others' opinions is okay but it is very difficult to contradict those comments
because it is clear that they are doing it out of good will.

I know you are no longer reading here so I'm just talking to myself... lol

Anyway, I'll learn the culture there more and after that I'll decide whether to participate.

50 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/16(月) 13:20:58.29 ID:JbT5fJRL0.net
The only person who claims the said sentence is "grammatically incorrect"
is the dimit weasel >>16 alone.

Don't pay attention to him. He is a known senile mental case on this forum.
Nobody takes him seriously.

51 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/16(月) 13:34:36.39 ID:JbT5fJRL0.net
This idiot writes some of the weirdest English
sentences and still has audacity to call someone
else (who is most likely a native English speaker
on all counts) "grammatically incorrect" and
"awkward." Talk about "the most stupid person."

52 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/16(月) 20:06:23.25 ID:/N1HJoR50.net
I have a question for you guys. It's about listening comprehension.

Deer Hunter finale (a videoclip lasting only three seconds)
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/63b7d4ea-936f-4eb3-85e0-13489d56beb0

Without even knowing the context of the movie, after simply listening to that
particular three-second videoclip, all the English native speakers would agree
that the woman in the above videoclip did say, "It's been such a GRAY day."
She can't have said "GREAT day." Am I right?

53 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 01:19:55.53 ID:sstF3sti0.net
>>4
You can say that again.

54 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 13:13:01.12 ID:QM3UuqJM0.net
>>52
I interpret that as "great day" rather than "gray day" without context. The perceived likelihood of someone uttering "it's been such a great day" is much larger than someone uttering "it's been such a gray day."
It also sounds like to me that there is a slight upturn in her voice right before the word day along with a strong plosive sound which makes me think that she's saying great.

55 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 14:10:01.80 ID:ypSz7YVI0.net
>>54
Thank you very much for your comment.

56 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 14:24:03.70 ID:r2DMbM7dd.net
>>53
草生えた wwww

57 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 16:22:52.72 ID:6K4Mqtyj0.net
I visited Reddit. It seems non-native speakers are rating each other.
As a result, some posts are being rated high even though they contain explanations that is difficult to understand for native speakers.
On the contrary, valid explanations are rated low sometimes.

Rating shouldn't be cared so much at that site?
Maybe I'm not very much suited to the site.

58 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/17(火) 18:30:04.47 ID:r2DMbM7dd.net
are you proud of the present POTUS with all the scandals involving the women and Russia? wonder what's going to happen to and after the midterm election this fall?

59 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/18(水) 00:06:29.89 ID:cXQ8rDO0M.net
>>1
Anyway you should not show your
address here.
Here's not safe site.

60 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 13:23:08.29 ID:3LUqJMpy0.net
>>57
WTF are you talking about?

Reddit is just a webforum where people talk about stuff like 5ch.
It's not an educational website for novice English learners like yourself.

You go there to discuss and read about various issues, not "to study English."

61 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 18:01:24.47 ID:RwCMwHsH0.net
>>60
At least, my English is better than you. lol
It's crystal clear that your reading and writing skills are novice levels.
I don't think you even grasp what I've said in the post.
That means your reading ability is very limited.

You should at least improve your reading skill if you want to engage in conversation.

62 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 18:04:18.61 ID:RwCMwHsH0.net
Anyway, I'll add you to NG list.

63 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 19:03:43.94 ID:jQgaj4sxa.net
Hello.
I live in Japan. I'm a woman.
Is there a site that can talk with an American male?

64 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 20:29:49.87 ID:3LUqJMpy0.net
>>61
Give me a fucking break. Just look at the rubbish
that you put together at >>57. Your English is an
utter piece of crap, and you are obviously
in no position to judge someone else's English,
much less that of "native speakers" for Christ's sake.
You totally failed to understand what Reddit is
precisely because of your severely limited English
comprehension. That's more than enough evidence
to show how utterly clueless you are.

65 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 22:19:13.70 ID:M9isUtYf0.net
What a terrible sentense.
You keep exposing your reading skill that is extremly low.
You totally miscontrued other's opinion and keep attacking in vain.
You had better focus on yourself and stop posting demeaning comments.

66 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 22:34:30.13 ID:EEOq/1zjp.net
Hello Isaac, I have a question for you if you are still here. My question is on this commonly used phrase, which is ...

“Feel free to ask me for help with English”

Is this “English” your English (help us with your English?) or our English (help our English?)

I appreciate your answer. Thank you

67 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 22:42:01.31 ID:M9isUtYf0.net
But I will tell you the reason why you failed to undestand the comment >>57.
You seem to think the comment come out of nowhere
and maybe misinterpreted it as something offensive.
This thread was created by a native speaker, thus most comments
were directed at him as a conversation.
All comments should be viewed in the context or you completly miscontrue.

68 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 22:49:12.65 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
What a terrible sentense.はさすがに中学生
みたいで微笑ましい。w 拙いながらも
一生懸命がんばって書いてるんだから大目に
見てやらな。多分、言いたいことを伝えきれて
ないだけだろう。

69 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 22:59:43.72 ID:zk4sS3t80.net
38名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 43bd-wnac)2018/04/15(日) 10:49:00.69ID:/aQ5nzcg0

Isaac is only a timid mouse, who do not have the confidence to verify what he said
by asking contestants at the yahoo answers thread whether his sentence is superior to mine or not.
His opinions are not worth an old song.

39名無しさん@英語勉強中 (ワッチョイ 43bd-wnac)2018/04/15(日) 11:01:35.96ID:/aQ5nzcg0>>42

I agree with ワッチョイ 43bd-wnac.
Isaac has only to ask contestants at the yahoo answers thread whether his sentence is superior to mine or not.
That's all.

70 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:09:58.25 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
釈迦に説法を地でいくキチが現れて
1を追いやっちゃってたのか。w
この程度の英文しか書けないレベルの
やつがネイティブより自分のが
正しいと強弁できるその根拠のない
自信はいったいどこから湧いてくる
のだろうか。

71 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:10:08.34 ID:M9isUtYf0.net
>>68
You cannot write it in English.
You are escaping from revealing your abilty while mocking other's.
That's the last thing decent man would do.
I candidly admit my English is not better than the person
but significantly better than you who brazenly write in Japnese here.

72 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:17:32.33 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
日本人相手に英語で話す必要ないだろマヌケ。w

添削してやろう。

>>69
>Isaac is only a timid mouse, who do not

does notだな。

73 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:20:23.90 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
>That's the last thing decent man would

不定冠詞aがdecent manの前に抜けている。

74 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:25:56.18 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
>you who brazenly write in Japnese here.

代名詞を限定用法の関係代名詞で受けない。

75 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:31:11.11 ID:7MJsUt0ea.net
英検準2級くらいだな。

76 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:31:32.06 ID:M9isUtYf0.net
You are confusing the person who are consistently
annoying foreiners coming here with me.
Frankly speaking, you are not entitled to participate in here.
You are just an obstacle.

77 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:45:24.75 ID:M9isUtYf0.net
Then you're 4th or 5th grade.
Again, it's far easy to spot mistakes than writing your own sentense in English.
It's a waste of time dealing with the person like you.

78 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/19(木) 23:54:14.79 ID:dh8cdi700.net
Too bad Isaac is gone because some nutcase scared him away.
There is no point in keeping this thread alive now. Just let it die already.

79 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 00:07:24.70 ID:oSPo3aQe0.net
Yes, we should end this thread.
Anyway, I'd like to say thank you to >>1.
You stayed here shortly, still, you contribute a lot to this English board.

80 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 01:41:15.47 ID:9kCgXIfZ0.net
>>74
おまえはただのアホ。
you who wrireは普通に使う。
いいとこ英検3級だな。
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%22you+who+write%22&hl=ja&rlz=1T4GGHP_jaJP737JP737&tbm=nws&ei=6cXYWpWzG4Wp0gSD-5GAAw&start=10&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=572&dpr=1.5

81 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 01:44:16.09 ID:9kCgXIfZ0.net
アウアウカー Sa43-xBcN)みたいなデタラメ言うアホ大杉

82 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 04:52:21.57 ID:4jSppbKy0.net
>>66
In this sentence "English" isn't owned by anyone; it's simply the concept of the English language.
If I had to pick between the two you've listed I would say the second one is the closes to the intended meaning.

>Feel free to ask me for help with my English.
This means that the speaker is stating that questions regarding his or her own English are encouraged.
The speakers English is stuff like sentence structure, word use, verb tenses, etc. that specifically the speaker uses (as opposed to anyone else's usage).

>Feel free to ask me for help with your English.
This means that the speaker is stating that questions regarding the listeners English are encouraged.
Since the speaker can't know all of the English that the listener uses, the questions could be about anyone's English.

>Feel free to ask me for help with English.
This means that the speaker is stating that questions regarding English are encouraged.
Since the questions are about English in general, it could be English etymology, phonetics, syntax, pronunciation, topics covered in classes called "English," style, usage, etc.
Although in this context, the intended meaning is probably limited to colloquial and/or formal usage as a layman probably only has a small understanding of the other topics.

83 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 13:50:41.83 ID:IvN8bob5K.net
≫82
デタラメ

84 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/20(金) 22:10:36.10 ID:Y9+nvYngp.net
>>83
んなこたぁ〜なぃ

85 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/21(土) 07:24:34.53 ID:eSMNFpW+0.net
Feel free to ask me for help with my English.
私の英語の手伝いを遠慮なく私に求めろ。
そんなことが出来るわけがない。
grammatically correct but unnaturalの典型。

Feel free to ask me for help with English.
Feel free to ask me for help with your English.
この二つはほとんど同じ意味
(あなたの)英語の手伝いを遠慮なく私に求めなさい。
yourを付けるといくらか無礼に取られる可能性がある。
これは日本語でも同じ。
きみの分からないところを聞け。
これだときみは他の奴と比べて劣るという感じに
取られる可能性がsる。

86 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/21(土) 16:33:14.47 ID:iOj0CZK4p.net
>>82
Hi Isaac

Thanks for your legitimate answer that explained a lot to me, there’s still troll posting here but let’s ignore him. Your thread worth to read.

87 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/21(土) 23:02:59.65 ID:eSMNFpW+0.net
>>86
https://lavender.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1522556024/
>>663->>665
Isaacは5ちゃんのえワみたいなもので、みんな
「Feel free to ask me for help with my English.
私の英語の手伝いを遠慮なく私に求めろ。
そんなことが出来るわけがない。
grammatically correct but unnaturalの典型。

Feel free to ask me for help with English.
Feel free to ask me for help with your English.
この二つはほとんど同じ意味
(あなたの)英語の手伝いを遠慮なく私に求めなさい。
yourを付けるといくらか無礼に取られる可能性がある。
これは日本語でも同じ。
きみの分からないところを聞け。
これだときみは他の奴と比べて劣るという感じに
取られる可能性がある。 」
の方がいいと言っている。

88 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/21(土) 23:05:46.16 ID:eSMNFpW+0.net
もうこれで分かったろ。
yahoo answerの人の言う通りなんだよ。
えワと同じで自信たっぷりに言うからだまされる。

89 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/21(土) 23:06:59.23 ID:eSMNFpW+0.net
4ちゃんの奴のいうことを本気にするのは馬鹿。

90 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/22(日) 07:47:24.33 ID:IPxXmSRA0.net
※イギリス人の発言

676三年英太郎 ◆3CZBjOt3.Y (ワッチョイ 9a9f-9jjH)2018/04/22(日) 00:14:18.39ID:Z29muBA30

>>662

いまこれを英国人に見せたら、

I think it should be, "your English."
You would say, ""feel free to ask" if you were advising someone.
Therefore, you would be talking about them (your) - not "my."
https://lavender.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1522556024/676

91 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/22(日) 11:33:33.16 ID:1b/mjtWYp.net
>>82
Hey Isaac, please come back, we need your help!

92 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/22(日) 15:37:36.12 ID:FE+SKKAc0.net
>>1
I would like to create a sister site of this thread for foreigners learning Japanese.
Can I have a permission to copy and modify your text in >>1?
It will be a equivalent thread to r/Learn Japanese: helping learning Japanese, answering anything pertaining to Japanese culture in "ENGLISH".

And I'd like to hear others' opinions to create such a site.
Hopefully, it will be a good languages exchange platform.

93 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/22(日) 15:39:16.36 ID:JSK3ExMk0.net
why not. just go ahread and post the link here.

94 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/25(水) 00:11:04.42 ID:2vq/FUOw0.net
>>92
Threads for foreigners learning Japanese exist already in 4chan
/int/ and /jp/
http://boards.4chan.org/int/thread/88646743
http://boards.4chan.org/jp/thread/18883199
But there aren't many foreigners who want to study Japanese

95 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/25(水) 14:59:00.94 ID:7UqmNjBe0.net
>>91
Another way to explain the differences between the three phrases is to view them in context.

Consider the scenario with three people: A, B, and C where A is a native English speaker and B and C are both non-native speakers with a limited grasp of the English language.
The three are in an English learning classroom during a time when students can socialize freely in English.
A and B are arguing about something, and the way B is speaking is very strange and hard to follow.
C approaches the two.
C: "Hello. What are you two doing?"
A: "We're having an argument."
C: "Oh. Do you think you two could help me with my English?"
A: "Well, I mean, feel free to ask me for help with MY English, but I'm not too sure I understand B's English myself."
I capitalized "MY" to show the emphasis that would occur in speech as this phrase will probably only ever be used when contrasting with someone else's English.
It is also kind of confrontational to whoever the contrast is made to.

>Feel free to ask me for help with your English.
The context that comes to mind when reading these two sentences as is gives them an almost identical meaning.
The inclusion of "your" could possibly be seen as insulting, as the speaker is specifically singling out the listener's English ability (the listener's English is specifically bad),
but it could also be seen as a more personal version (the speaker is specifically helping the listener).

96 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/04/25(水) 14:59:28.86 ID:7UqmNjBe0.net
>>95
This has more interpretations like in the following context. Two students A and B are having a conversation outside of class.
A: "Man, this essay is going to take such a long time; I need to compare the English, Japanese, and German languages to each other grammatically."
B: "Feel free to ask me for help with English; I took an English linguistics class last semester, so the knowledge is still fresh in my mind."

97 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/05/01(火) 21:56:33.77 ID:8wzA3FaF0.net
フル勃起

98 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/05/01(火) 22:34:55.63 ID:kNtS2u28H.net
Election

99 :名無しさん@英語勉強中 :2018/06/16(土) 02:38:36.44 ID:2ABpQmJ20.net
英語を誰でも簡単に上達できる方法は、「船山ゴロウの英会話誰でもマスターできるブログ」というブログで見られるらしいよ。ネットとか調べてもいいかもね。

3KXM2

総レス数 99
47 KB
掲示板に戻る 全部 前100 次100 最新50
read.cgi ver 2014.07.20.01.SC 2014/07/20 D ★